( pronounced as -/ray-key/-)
Reiki is a technique of healing. It involves the work of natural elements through which the healer can channelize energy into the patient’s body by the means of touch. It includes an immense correlation between the elements of nature and one’s inner soul. This method completely follows the answers Nature. In Reiki, it is necessary to understand a patient’s inner self in order to develop the patient’s body physically mentally and emotionally.
Where does the word Reiki come from?
Reiki, the word, comes from two Japanese words Rei and Ki where the word “Rei” means Universal and “Ki” means Living Force.
Since when do we know Reiki?
Reiki is a very old practice which is also mentioned in the Vedas-the Atharva Veda. In earlier times the saints and maharishi’s solved the problem of their disciples through Reiki. Even in the Ramayana, Lord Rama used to glance over army with the gesture of hand which would impart new life energy on the army. This was Reiki with distance.
- It is a believe that Reiki was first discovered in Tibet
- Chinese have studied Reiki over thousand years.
- Dr Mikao Usui, a Japanese Buddhist, had rediscovered Reiki and 32 types of Chi energy practiced in China.
- The system of healing that evolved from Dr Usui’s method is called Usui system of Natural Healing or Usui Shiki Ryoho . It is a type of Reiki.
- The System of reiki has evolved a lot of times since its origin.
Reiki and Elements of Nature
- Reiki is a powerful natural system that unlocks the flow of vital energy.
- It helps us to gain spiritual enlightenment and personal development.
- It is a cosmic energy present in abundance.
- Reiki works on physical mental emotional and spiritual levels along with the elements of nature that are:
- and Ether
Reiki is not a:
- Psychic healing
- Meditation technique